Saturday, June 2, 2012


Greetings to you from me!

I want to start by you getting to know about who I am and what my passion is for the seniors that I serve. I will publish more information to help Seniors to stay in their own homes as we go forward. Having said that; here is how I began as I set my goals for serving the great community of Bolingbrook and the surrounding communities of Dupage and Will counties in the State of Illinois.

My name is Genie Rose Allen a Certified Senior Advisor C.S.A. ®, and President of a non-medical in-home caregiving agency, the DuPage Will Family Caring Angels in Bolingbrook, Illinois. 

In addition to being a Certified Senior Advisor, I am a proud member of The Senior’s Choice Network which is the largest membership network of senior care providers in the world.  I am also a member of the Illinois Continuity of Care Association. This organization serves as an advocate for legislative and community related health concerns and promote a multi-disciplinary approach to continuity of care.

I began DuPage Will Family Caring Angels after the death of my father. I saw the physical and mental stress my Mom experienced caring for my Dad 24 hours a day. My sister and I shared the respite care for my Dad to help her. Mom would not trust Dad’s care to anyone but to me, my sister and brothers. This gave Mom an opportunity for a much needed time to re-charge and tend to herself a bit. As I watched, the thought occurred to me of what it would have been like if Mom did not have anyone she trusted to relieve her of my Dad’s care? What if no one was around take care of Dad; what then? 

I saw many of our friends also go through the stress and strain of juggling their lives trying to provide care for their aging parent or relative, many times not having the time or even knowing exactly how to. Many find that their lives are so busy and full of responsibilities to spouses, children, full time jobs, businesses, and friends, all the while doing what they can as a caregiver. They begin to often times lose sight of what matters most of spending quality time with loved ones.

I have also personally experienced being a caregiver for both my husband‘s parents, and my grandmother. I know all too well how important it is to have respite time. My mission and commitment through DuPage Will Family Caring Angel’s services is to provide respite care to family caregivers by enabling them to rediscover renewed quality time with their loved ones. This, I have seen, makes a difference in the life of the senior’s, and it also begins strengthening family relationships and restoring the lost intimacy between families and their loved ones.

Our mission as an agency is to ensure a better quality of life at home for the elderly who require assistance with their Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). We provide them with safe, dependable, and affordable in-home assistance with living and companionship. Our professionalism, expertise, knowledge, and commitment to our clients make it possible for them to maintain and enjoy their independence with dignity while remaining in the comfort and security of their own home.  We do so with patience, compassion, confidence, concern, commitment, and cheerfulness in providing care for your loved ones. We treat every contact as a friend, every client as family. We know that each individual is a unique being and wonderful creation, because God is the creator of all things. We therefore perform every task with honor to each loved one.